Saturday night I stayed up until after midnight packing up looking forward (not really looking forward to going home) to a fun day at Epcot starting with breakfast with the Princesses in Norway. I woke up Mary a little early to give her a bath and was surprised how red her cheeks were. Then I looked at her closer in the tub and realized she had small red dots all over her body. I tried to sound calm when I asked Jim to come in there for a minute he said "chicken pox"? I said "no we got a shot for that", he said "they have shots for that now?". I quickly realized he would be no help on this one! So I got her out of the tub convinced myself it was some kind of heat rash gave her a dose of her antibiotics and decongestant then got us loaded up and out the door.
While we were at breakfast Mr. "I didn't know there was a chickenpox vaccine" says "she is looking worse" (which she was) and then the bell went off in my head drug allergy! She had been on Clindamycin for nearly 9 days for strep throat. We decided to call our pediatrician after breakfast and then decide whether to see a doctor there, fly home early or give her Benadryl and see what happens. The doctor on call for Dr. Lin says sounds like a drug allergy do not give her any more antibiotic and give her Benadryl 5 hours after the time I gave her decongestant (about 8:00 EST) needless to say by 1:00 she was looking pretty scary I am thinking a cross between scarlet fever and small pox but I also convinced myself if it wasn't an allergy she picked the germs up at Disney World so everyone there had likely already been exposed to it also - how is that for rationalizing? The Benadryl, lack of naps for a week and knowing we were going home made her a little crabby and let's just say our listening ears were not exactly working, Sensing she was about 2 seconds from having a meltdown at any moment I tried to go with the flow which included a mickey sandwich (ice cream) and a sprite right after breakfast.
We had late lunch reservations at 2 places (I know it’s a no no but I could not decide) so Mary and I chose Italian - wrong choice $120 later (3 people tip and dessert included) and a pasta dish equivalent to Beef-a-roni we were out the door. My Disney dollars and gift card were used up so I was pretty sensitive to paying too much for bad food at that point. I will say the dessert and cappuccino were good and wished I had just ordered that!
We had to rent a stroller the last day $30 for a double (did not excite me at all since I paid $120 to rent a great stroller for the week) Mary spilled sprite all over my sweatshirt so I put it in the pocket in the back which I forgot about until I got to the airport. So the Mickey Mouse Club sweatshirt I bought in 2004 with the broken zipper is now history...



0 comments:
Post a Comment