This was the first day Mary and I were on our own. Jim dropped us off at the Grand Floridian for breakfast and he headed back to the hotel to work until dinner. Here is a quick summary, I realized I left my credit card with the photographer at the Grand Floridian while we were in line for the Buzz Lightyear ride and had to take the monorail back to GF and barely made it back in time for lunch at the Crystal Palace. We spent way too much time waiting for the Peter Pan Ride (more than once), Mary got a new Minnie baby (who sometimes was called Kylie?) that was her buddy the rest of the trip. Jim met us a little early (dinner was at 6:30) so he and Mary rode Space Mountain which did not go well (she was terrified) So we headed to dinner at Tony's (our first time there) like every Magic Kingdom restaurant it was OK the quality of food overall has went downhill since our first visit with Mary in May 2009 (more on that later). We watched the fireworks from the upper level of the train station (not great) and listened to a mother (who had to weigh 400 pounds) totally berate her child for spilling a tiny bit ice cream on her - how's that for Disney magic?
We had originally planned on leaving right after fireworks at 8:00 but I seem to recall standing in line and riding Peter Pan yet again.



0 comments:
Post a Comment