Sunday, September 28, 2008

Is the earth off its axis?

Kansas City beat the Broncos and the Raiders are beating San Diego – what’s next??

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brett Favre threw 6 Touchdown passes today to beat Arizona. Go old guys!!!
What's next is the story in today's paper that John Elway is engaged to be married to an ex Raiders Cheerleader. Talk about bad taste, but again Go old guys.
I wish CU had a football team, but in the meantime OU sucks. Watch out for Missouri and LSU again.

Anonymous said...

It seems you were worried about nothing. Everything is fine with the world. The Broncos almost always lose to the Chiefs. The Chargers came back to beat the Raiders, and the Redskins beat the Cowgirls. Was Jessica there? I think she was playing.

Anonymous said...

The Cowboys only lost by 2 points. So sad, but the Cowboys and OU are still the BEST!!! We all know that.
Nana

Anonymous said...

Nana,
How can I fire up Lisa if you answer for her? My job is to insure that she has proper circulation by getting her blood pressure up. How come your not sticking up for the Cardinals? Start rooting for ASU. When Elway starts quarterbacking that team they are going to be special.

Anonymous said...

WOW!!! Bob is still alive! I was about to send the search party out to do a grid search. I figured if they did the elbow to elbow search they would at least find your bones...unless Bobo ground them up really really small when you ticked her off one too many times!

As for football, I have to agree with you on a few points, CU doesn't have a team as usual, the donkey's are rarely better than CU and John Elway could still eat an apple through a picket fence with those teeth. But as usual, you are WAY off on a couple of points. At this point all the people who know what they are talking about (and the only ones who really count) know that OU is #1 (check the polls) and there is no way Jessica was playing...I bet she could tackle better and probably complete a pass or two to T.O. or anyone for that matter!

Lisa

PS - The Cowboys will do much much better the next few weeks..just look at who they play.

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Lisa, Lisa, what took you so long to answer? Did it take that long to think up excuses? You used to reply much quicker. Is it old age creeping up or just that slow Texas style? I think I have figured out the problem the Texans are having with picking talent for their teams. You need to choose a Quarterback based on his ability to scramble and pass the ball, and not on the GQ quality of his teeth. Their are no dental requirements for the Hall of Fame.
As far as the polls having OU as #1 this week may I remind you that all the people that know what they are talking about had USC as #1 last week. How's that working out?
I agree that the Cowboy's have one of the weakest schedules in the NFL not only for the next 2 weeks, but for the whole season. Too bad that they are as weak as their schedule.
Nice to talk to you again Lisa. I think you are really nice no matter what the rest of your family says.

Liz said...

OK good is everyone happy now! Since my husband is annoyed I care more about football than the economy I am trying to come up with a more civic minded post next. Apparently looking like Sarah Palin in glasses is enough!

Liz said...

I can't figure out how to edit a post - what I meant was "isn't enough"!

Anonymous said...

By the way Papasooman, I do support ASU, even CU, but OU always comes first.
Sorry.
Nana

Anonymous said...

I understand Jim's concern, but how are you going to fix the economy? If you stop shopping online for Mary's clothes the Stock Market will fall even more. Maybe you could help by easing the flow of Middle East Oil by having Courtney move into the horse trailer on the property to save on gas traveling back and forth. Or we could go back to the horse and buggy days by hitching the Wolf Pack to a carriage to provide transportation for Courtney. Or maybe you could use the Wolf Pack to get to work. Sarah Palin has been pictured on a dog sled. You can't just look like her, you have to act like her. There is only so much we can do. It would be easier to turn Lisa into a Bronco Fan than to fix the economy.

Anonymous said...

Bob - I like horses! I just like the Cowboys that own them better. What is scary is that I was thinking the same thing about...how me watching or learning more about the economic situation isn't going to help one bit. However, if I keep watching my CSI type shows; then I can serve as a reference on how to commit the perfect crime if any of the women in your family decide they really need my help. Liz, Bobo - call me, we'll talk. :)

Lisa

Has anyone noticed how much busier Liz's comments get during football season? By the way, I expect gifts in the mail from everyone who gets a break from Bob while he picks on me during this time. ;`D

Anonymous said...

Again Lisa, Lisa, Lisa!!! Sit down, have a diet Dr P, and while you are looking forward to the Cowboy's schedule put on some music and chill. May I suggest some old time music from Three Dog Night. Perhaps Eli's Coming would be an appropriate song for you to listen to.
I can't understand why you would wish to plot the perfect crime against the only person in your immediate or extended family that talks nice about you.
I have succeeded in awakening the Beast. My job is done.