That is the song I sang for 45 minutes this morning during my 2+ hour drive in we had ice some real and some imaginary.
Clippity Clop Clippity Clop
Riding on a horsey's back
Just about a mile or so until we get to
Mary's (insert name) house Hi Mary Hi
Bye Mary Bye
We sang the song using every name I could think of including family members, horses, dogs and Mary's body parts. Finally after about 45 minutes of singing that song and making horsey sounds on my leg with my hand (oh and driving 20 mph on icy bridges in bumper to bumper traffic) I asked if she wanted to sing Itsy Bitsy Spider and that is what put her over the edge. Mary reached a whole new layer of crabbiness and has learned to throw quite the fit when things aren't going her way. If I were a borderline drunk this would put me over the edge. After Courtney I knew we had things too good and the next one would be harder but Mary is a mini Jim with maybe a worse temper (or he has learned to control his better). The idea of getting in the car with her this afternoon (or ever again) does not sound very good right now.
Tuesday, March 4, 2008
Clippity Clop
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I have been caught in the neverending song trap myself! Your post made me giggle!!! The "Three Little Ducks" song is what I sang for an hour on one car trip.
I am SO lucky we have a dvd player and I pop a movie in and she is quiet and doesn't make a peep in the car...unless it is time to restart the video!!
We have a DVD player too - Little Mermaid was even on. I switched to the Jungle Book for the ride home.
Post a Comment