Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Things that seem like a good idea at the time...

Every day I bring Mary a “good girl snack” hoping if I suggest the idea of being a good girl it will stick (more on that later). Yesterday’s good girl snack a little package of skittles which is obviously loaded with sugar since she was bouncing in the car seat. She was tired wouldn’t go to sleep and wanted me to sing “Willaby Wallaby” over and over “more Willaby Wallaby Mommy please” I could have said no after the 10th time buts it’s the “please” that gets me.

Was it my worst car ride ever (there have been some fun ones, Courtney puking in the mountains after a ham and swiss sandwich, Christopher screaming half the way to Ada when we went to Lenny & Johnnie’s wedding, driving on a sheet of ice from Norman to Dallas for the wedding that didn’t happen, Mary screaming while I drove for 2-1/2 hours on ice to get to work – nope none of those. Nothing can top the trip to San Antonio with the Gilbreath’s Lucas was 3 Lauren was 1. In rush hour traffic in Austin Lauren is screaming (and poopy) and Theresa hands Lucas a whistle to entertain himself. I wanted to drive my car into a wall! I am sure Theresa thought it (the whistle) was a good idea at the time.

5 comments:

Lisa Laxton said...

You have to admit as far as kids and car rides go...Chris and Courtney were angels on the 2hr turned 12hr drive to Ada that time. Yes it was quite like the famous 3 hour tour!!! We almost didn't make it!

Anonymous said...

I have to vote, since I was in the car with Courtney during that winding trip through the mountains. Swiss cheese smells bad in the package, it smells 1 million times worse as vomit! I cannot see how a whisle could be worse than that. You really could not even feel sorry for her cause she felt great after she hurled, the rest of us, not so much. M

Bobo said...

You forgot the waltie-talkies from car to car, and too many verses of "Red. red wine" sung by you and your sister.

Liz said...

Hum I totaly do not remember the red red wine part but I don't doubt it if ever I needed a drink it was then!

Anonymous said...

You have to admit, the whistle did make him happy. A whistle could never be worse than the smell of puke!! I do remember the red, red wine concert on the walkie talkies. Good memory MOM!
Love, T