Thursday, December 13, 2007

Maybe I need therapy

We all know I cannot delete the Gymboree sale emails. I am starting to think my obsession with Mary's clothes and now bows is out of hand. I got a spam email from Paypal so I checked my account to make sure the Spam message was just that and I totaled up my purchases and realized I spent $131 for bows for Mary's hair in November. Holy smokes I have a problem! Normally I am very value oriented but when it comes to this baby my judgement goes right out the window. I just added it up for the year and its $223 for a one year old's hair. Now granted they are toddler size and she can wear them for many years but I need to slow down, actually my bow lady needs to quit offering made to match Gymboree bows for that is my weakness.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm starting to believe that due to your inability to control spending on frills, that day care uniforms and at home uniforms are a good idea.
I guess we don't have to worry about what Mary wil be when she grows up. By the time she's 21 she'll have enough ribbons and bows to start her own factory outlet.
Here's an idea. Why doesn't Courtney get a job as a sales rep for Gymboree? She could make enough commissions off you to live comfortably without having to tend to the herd.
Sorry I can't find any way to link Lisa to Gymboree. Maybe she could get those old ribbons and bows of Mary's from you and send them on to the OU football team. They could look cute for their Bowl loss to West Virginia.
I have just assured that you will have at least one comment other than mine on your blog today.

Anonymous said...

There is always hand me downs. You can always hand down Mary's used bows to Ellie.

Anonymous said...

Now we know who anonymous is. Theresa if you want Bows and Cookies don't be afraid to sign your name.

Anonymous said...

I delete most of the Gymboree emails eventually. I don't have time to mess with it right now and all I have to do is think about Kylie's drawers overflowing (with mostly Target clothes) every time I try to put her clothes away to stop me from ordering. I don't buy very much so I really am not sure where her clothes come from but they seem to multiply in her drawers.

Theresa - wouldn't Mary giving her bows to Ellie be hand me ups not hand me downs?

Psst...don't tell Bob, but I am ignoring him today because he is obviously halucinating and it can be dangerous to interact with someone in that condition.

Lisa

Anonymous said...

I am also anonymous.... and I asked for the cookies, this is for all the years I did not 'fess up and let Theresa take the fall :-0 - Maria

Dena said...

Joselle is the bow guru and can show you how to make them. We had a bow party at her home the other night. Make your own bows and then spend the money on Coach ;-)