Saturday, January 17, 2009

Freezing weather - broken pipes..

Another day, another water leak - this time in the barn – it was below freezing and Courtney didn’t shut off the water to the troughs in the barn. So we have a busted pipe behind the stall walls. Courtney spent almost 6 hours last night getting water out of the barn and a good part of today pulling down the wood planks. She is waiting for the glue to dry now – never a dull moment here.

Today in Elvis history…

1970 - Elvis Presley's single "Suspicious Minds" hit #2 in the U.K. It was his first U.K. single to have a picture sleeve.

1972 - Highway 51 South in Memphis, TN, was renamed Elvis Presley Blvd.

Random Elvis Quote Without Elvis none of us could have made it.

- Buddy Holly

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Always something is right. Poor Court.
Nana

Anonymous said...

I think we were just talking about possible frozen pipes at Grandpa's. I should have talked to Courtney. I didn't know it was that cold in Dallas. At least the water didn't damage ceilings like it would from upstairs in a house. I bet Courtney is sick of plumbing. Enjoying Elvis trivia & songs.Is " Mary in the morning" always as soothing as the song?

Liz said...

No our Mary in the Morning is not if we wake her up - if she wakes up on her own she is pretty happy!

Lisa Laxton said...

I thought you were supposed to leave water running some to keep pipes from freezing not cause them to freeze...but what do I know..I am not a plumber. Couldn't handle the crack showing requirement!

sheila said...

oh man!!!! ...(.in my best swipper voice. A little too much dora lately. ) that really is a bummer. You sure haven't had too many dulls days there always seems to be something going on. I guess that is what makes life interesting huh?? Hope it all gets fixed soon.

Love that Elvis link and the music.

Anonymous said...

We always leave water running a tad to keep the pipes from freezing.
Man what a pain though. You guys and your plumbing. You've had your quota