I am definitely a second class citizen right now. Mary wants either Daddy or Sissy right now I am frequently told to “go away” which quite honestly is making me think “where is it I would like to go”? Then of course last night she freaked out when she thought I had gone away. She certainly is a challenge.
Have I mentioned the Christmas stuff is still up inside the house? Every time I start trying to pack it up Mary freaks out is it the redneck in her that wants to keep Christmas decorations up year around? I am sure I will look back at all of this and laugh someday right?
Today in Elvis Presley History...
1958 - Elvis Presley got his orders to report to duty from the U.S. Army. He was allowed a 60-day deferment so he could finish the film "King Creole".
1960 - Elvis Presley was promoted to Sergeant in the U.S. Army.
1969 - Elvis Presley recorded "In the Ghetto", "Rubberneckin'" and "Suspicious Minds." It was the first time he had recorded in Memphis since 1956.
2004 - The Elvis Presley 2-CD set "The Gospel Side of Elvis" was released.



4 comments:
Don't feel too bad...I still have a few things out that I plan to put away today, but the boxes for the rest just made it from the entry way to the attic last night. I would say work out a trade off and put up valentines decorations to appease her.
Oh, and all of us mom's go through the go away phase. Especially since the kiddos are stuck with us most of the time. Take advantage of it and do just that...go do whatever you want to and let Jim be on Monster Baby Duty. LOL Cameron used to be the Monster Baby and has now passed the torch...
We have had our tree up into Valentine's day. Putting the train up took so long, Papa hated to take it down. Mary's reaction to you is much like Lauren at that age. When Theresa brought them over to spend the night, Lauren would say "O.K.Mom go now".Mom's have to have thick skins when it come's to 2-3 year old's. They are VERY blunt.
Hey, I don't know how I missed this blog, but I did. Yes you will look back on this and laugh. It isn't a big deal, at least you have a good reason (Mary) that yours is not yet put away.
Nana
Post a Comment