Mary is 20 months today and can officially get out of her crib, which is quite an accomplishment since I could count on one hand how many times she has been in her crib since the beginning of the year. Last night she was super crabby which turned into a fit, didn’t want to put on her jammies, get her diaper changed, screamed when I put her down finally I just walked away after telling her there was nothing wrong with her. She settled down and seemed a little happier so we went to bed. Maybe it was the breathing treatment at 7:30 but she fought sleep, 2 bottles of milk, standing up on the bed half a dozen times, trying to crawl off the edge, hitting me, pulling hair (I think you have the idea) I finally said “that’s enough you are not listening to Mommy and you are sleeping in your crib tonight” (after telling her at least 2 times if she didn’t listen she was sleeping in the crib). Before anyone starts with the “don’t use the crib as punishment” we have already screwed up when it comes to the crib and probably Mary too for that matter. I put her in the crib walked out of my room and sat in the dining room chair to try and “regroup” she was screaming I didn’t think much of it since I had already heard that almost two hours earlier with the fit. Courtney heard her came downstairs and saw Mary walking around in the dark crying – she had gotten out of the crib and was looking for me. I was scared to death she had gotten hurt but couldn’t find anything. Feeling inspired from my 10 minutes of watching Super Nanny an hour earlier I asked her if she was ready to listen and go to sleep with Mommy, after a little more milk from Bottle #2 she finally went to sleep but no more standing up hair pulling etc. I can’t even imagine what kind of crabbiness I will face when I wake her up later since she is working with about 8 hours of sleep.
Thursday, June 12, 2008
20 months old!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



0 comments:
Post a Comment