Thursday, June 26, 2008

Goodbye friend

Bonnie apparently died of heatstroke sometime yesterday – Courtney found her dead last night.  Sadly this is the 3rd one from this litter that has died since birth, Little Bucky of a strange infection at 5 weeks, Nellie (Bobby & Gretchen’s) just short of her second birthday after being spayed in December and now Bonnie. 

 

She had plenty of water but was in the cattle trailer versus the dog run so we are not sure if she got too hot in there or was running too much or exactly what happened. According to the emergency vet it happens fast and is more deadly than bloat. It’s sad because she loved living out there with Sam and Angel versus our backyard but I can’t help but wonder if she would be alive right now if she were in the backyard yesterday. I feel responsible, Courtney feels responsible for not getting out there sooner yesterday I guess there is plenty of blame to go around.

2 comments:

sheila said...

I am so very sorry!!!!

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear this!!!