Much like her father Mary never ceases to amaze me – she was awesome for graduation when I was expecting her to be terrible. Lisa feeding her chips and Mr. Pibb may helped a little toward the end but she sat on my lap for a long time and did really well.
My nephew Chris is now a high school graduate. What impressed me the most was the thunderous applause for the 3 students who were disabled. Maybe we aren’t doing so badly raising our kids or at least the parents of the 2008 Allen High School graduating class aren’t.
I got a phone call in the car on my way to pick up Mary from Shelby at Crème “Mrs. Laxton it’s not an emergency (which is good they say that right away since I about crap my pants when I see Crème on caller ID) but today in Creative Movement one of Mary’s friends bit Mary” Of course the first thing I wanted to point out that is not a very good friend. Since "friends don't bite friends" Jim's puppy lesson to Hopey. She also said this child had not bitten before and they were surprised. Well “her friend” has a knack for biting considering it was their first time she has one heck of a bruise on her little upper arm.
Mary is still having a hard time with me dropping her off it has been going on since the Tuesday after Memorial Day. I hate to leave her crying, I try to settle her down but nothing really works once I start to walk out that door no matter what I say. I do stand there and listen and she only cries about 30 – 60 seconds after I leave but it still makes me feel bad.



2 comments:
It's retribution time. I would not reccomend that Mary should bite the offending friend, however it might be a deterent to all future offenders if Mary were to bring the Wolf Pack to school with her. She could explain that if she is bitten the wolves might bite back for her.
I know what you mean about the phone calls. Everytime I see Brighton Gardens on the caller ID I wonder what Grampa D has done now.
That is a great idea! I can just imagine what the "Lexus" crowd would think as I pull up to baby school with 6 dog crates and Hopey raising H*ll in the front seat. They would start a petition to send Mary to daycare in Wylie with the rest of the "riff raff".
Post a Comment