Friday, September 7, 2007

C is for Cookie

Mary definitely has her parent’s sweet tooth! When Courtney was a baby she didn’t have any sugar until she had a piece of her first birthday cake. Being older parents (more like spoiling grandparents if the truth be told) Mary has had little tastes of this and that starting with the Rice pudding in River Grove when we visited Grandpa Damato. I try to limit it to the weekend only and no more than maybe a ¼ of a cookie or a little square of graham cracker. So far I think her favorite was a little less than ½ of a Reece's Peanut Butter Cup (I know I broke ALL the rules with that one) but she kept saying MMM MMM while she was eating it. So far I think we have done pretty much the opposite of everything we did with Courtney.

As my sister in law Lisa pointed out I am much more laid back about finger prints too. When her kids were little I practically followed them around my house with the Windex and paper towels now Mary’s hand prints are a work of art across the bottom of the TV. Between Mary and Hope I don’t stand a chance anyway and who really cares?? Except for maybe my Dad and he isn’t there!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He's Coming in October!!! Beter hire the Merry Maids Swat Team. You need to correct today's blog. It should say Courtney didn't have any sugar until her first birthday when you were around. As you may recall Courtney did spend some time at Papa's house without the Warden present. I seem to remember that she was particully fond of twinkies, oreos, and egg nog ice cream.Just as you kids think there is a 10 year statute of limitations on what you did as teenagers, the same applies to grandparents actions while baby sitting. What you didn't know couldn't hurt me. Theresa delights in telling me now about things you kids did as teenagers. Just wait untill the statute of limitations is up on us babysiting for her, she's going to find out all the fun her kids had at Papa's and Bobo's.

Anonymous said...

Courtney like Cheetos for breakfast according to Uncle Roger!

It is a good thing we were all around to make sure Court turned out ok!!

Lisa

Liz said...

I am sure Theresa is telling on me since "Polly Pure" never did anything wrong!

Anonymous said...

Hey now let's not bust on the little sister.