Friday, September 14, 2007

"The Screamer" - Day 2

I love Mary’s daycare – especially the Infant 1 teacher Ms. Barb if I could adopt her for an “in state” grandma for Mary I would do it in a heartbeat. I am not as thrilled about what seems to be a never ending parade of other teachers in Mary’s class - Infant 2. Her main teacher Ms. Karen is there from 8:00 to 5:00 so I rarely see her unless we run into each other when I am walking in and she is walking out. The other teachers that I do see are pretty much fillers and I think Mary knows it and doesn’t like it. She seems to like one out of three of them and the one she does like isn’t in there as often as the others. When I picked her up yesterday she was on the bye bye buggy (which she loves) but had her paci in her mouth and looked tired – maybe bored. I talked to Jack's Mom (a kid with a head bigger than Mary - yea someone has to have one since she is in the 90th percentile) and he just moved to Infant 3 and he loves it and his mom loves it.

They start teaching sign language in Infant 3, one of the “fillers” suggested doing that with her now since they think her screaming is her way of coping not being able to communicate. Really is she so different from any other 11 month old on the planet, she wants something and can’t tell us what it is. This really is not that unique yet for some reason Mary’s way of telling people is disruptive, my girl just wants to be heard! Nobody puts Baby in a corner!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So what are you saying? I think your trying to tell me that my grand daughter is a big headed, obnoxious, diruptive, and loud brat.
All she needs is some Papa training. Remember how obnoxious, obstinate, and screaming a baby Lauren was? I don't think she was trying to communicate as she showed very little inclination to talk. Now she is the sweetest, caring, and polite little girl in the world. Stop over analizing Mary. She's a baby and they all go through stages. Luckily they grow up despite us. They may not be able to put baby in a corner, but it sounds like they have no trouble putting her in the bye bye buggy. Maybe they are trying to tell you something. Be thankful for the way she is, at least she hasn't started calling you Bobo. Do you remember Shh Shh Shut the ---- up. I think you start using that at age 13.

Anonymous said...

I agree with Papasooman. Baby's do go through stages.

Learning sign language is a good thing. J.J. & Keri's kids all 4 know sign language. Aby just didn't want to talk for a long time, everyone talked for her. She is 7, adorable and doing great in school and talks plenty. It will be okay.
Nana

Anonymous said...

We're doing sign language next month, if I would just call the place and sign up. We've heard really good things about this concept :)