Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Waiting...

I have been waiting all day for the email saying the pictures were ready for us to look at. Here it is 4:10 on Wednesday still no pictures, come on how long can it take to upload them?? I am trying to be patient and I know all the checking in the world is not going to change the outcome but I still can't help myself and hit the send/receive button every time I go into Outlook. Maybe Mary gets the impatient gene from both of us?

I talked to Jim's Aunt Dorothy this afternoon it sounds like the entire family will be there for Thanksgiving. It reminds me of my first Thanksgiving with Jim's family and how we have kind of come full circle. There must have been 50 people crammed into Grandma & Grandpa Smalling's little house but there was plenty of food, room and genuine hospitality to go around.

That was the wonderful thing about Jim's grandparents no matter how little they had there was always plenty to share with others whether it was food, time or love - there was always plenty. When we decided to have another baby I had a feeling we would have a girl and knew who she should be named after, Grandma Smalling. So now 22 years later we will all be together at Aunt Dorothy's and although Grandma is gone she lives on through our little Mary.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Liz thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories of my parents. Brought back good memories and you are right. My parents always had enough of everything to share, no matter how little it was. They always loved our little Courtney and I know they are smiling down at our little Mary. They very much loved all their Grandchildren and Great Grandchildren. I am looking forward to all of us being together.
Nana