Thursday, August 23, 2007

Gymboree

Am I obsessed with Mary’s clothes because we didn’t buy anything for Courtney until she was 3 (we were broke - the grandparents weren’t)? Or is it because I was forced to wear orange striped jeans (orange stripes blue background) with an orange zipper – I already hear my Mom saying “you wanted to wear those” it’s not true I just didn’t know any better.

While I love Gymboree I do not love their prices – Jim would crap if I spent $50+ an outfit on clothes she will just wear a couple of months. So I look for the sales on Gymboree.com (I have outfits picked out and pounce the second they are ½ off) and stalk the NWT (new with tags) listings on EBay. I can’t have my baby wearing strangers used clothes, that’s like wearing someone else’s underwear. I got into a bidding war this morning with someone for a Valentines Day outfit for Mary. But now I am suspicious it was someone trying to drive up the price because they had no feedback so I am pissed about it. It’s a cute little outfit, pants shirt and cardigan (don’t make fun of me Courtney – Mary will look cute in it)

At first I loved Zutano clothes which I still like but Courtney called them “Geranimals” another childhood reference making me think I was not so cool. So anyway I am now buying for fall and winter and a little summer next year if I see a good deal. I even bought the nieces some outfits for Christmas - don’t freak out it’s from the store not EBay!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my God!!! My little precious grandaughter is an e-baby. Good thing Al Gore hadn't invented the internet yet, and we were forced to buy you store bought clothes. By the way you were lucky to be the oldest. You never had to worry about wearing underwear someone had worn before. I can't say the same for your sisters. Maybe that explains Maria's bad attitude. Doesn't Courtney have some of her old baby drawers around that Mary can wear?

Anonymous said...

You did love those blue striped jeans with the orange tiger. Actually Theresa loved them too. Gymboree sounds like P.E. class to me.As long as Mary looks cute, what else matters.

Anonymous said...

We did not love those orange striped jeans! I am quite sure that we had better taste than that. It seems to me that Courtney wore a lot of really frilly dresses with lace all over them from JCPennys. Maybe that explains Courtney's attitude from time to time. Just kidding Court! Love you girl! T

Anonymous said...

Try giving her a fried banana, peanut butter, and bacon sandwich. Hunka Hunka. TCB