Friday, August 24, 2007

Regrets I've had a few...

Now all good Elvis fans know those are part of the lyrics for “My Way”. Anyway I digress - my big regret for today is that we did not pay the contractor last year to build the room over the garage. It has turned into a big PITA they want architect drawings, engineering plans to certify the beams etc. Last year they just wanted $27,000 to completely do it and I would have a room! It seemed like too much then since we were remodeling the kitchen; Jim bought a new tractor, Mary being born etc. Of course “Mr Fix It” thinks with a crew he could have it done over a long weekend. It would take him the entire weekend just to shop for at all the tools he would want to buy to do it!

Another big regret – not watching my weight better when I went through my 3 rounds of invitro in 2005! I must have the world’s most sluggish metabolism I am lucky to lose a pound a week. I do have a plan though, I am going to see how close I am to morbidly obese, if I am close I am going to eat whatever I want (hello Ice cream!) pack it on and get lap band or gastric bypass surgery - something where people drop a hundred pounds overnight. If I can’t win one way I will win the other!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you would be better served by the low carb that has always worked for you. I have no comment about remodels. I have the half & half house from two different eras. No complaints,I know the 70's kitchen will be gone someday.

Anonymous said...

Weight is weight, but a baby is worth every pound!!!

T

Liz said...

I am doing low carb (since 7/1)! I would love somee Moolenium Crunch ice cream right about now!!